SHAKERS + MAKERS
DAN HAMM // BARTENDER/OWNER
Dan Hamm is the Bar Manager/Head Bartender at a.bar in the AKA Hotel Philadelphia. As a craft bartender who bridges his love of cocktails with his love for cooking and DIY, Dan’s background is in high-volume bar service that never compromises product quality. His expertise ranges from classic recipes and methodology to alternative all-natural sweeteners. In the 5 years he’s been in the industry, he’s hosted dozens of events, won multiple cocktail competitions, and continuously learned creative new ways to curate drinks and share his passion with others.
- Vice President, United States Bartender's Guild - Philadelphia Chapter
- Instructor, “The Home Bar Project” Series - Drink Philly/Drink Nation
- Beer Cocktail Consultant, "Beer Cocktail" Series - Origlio Beverage + Draught Lines Mag
- Battle For The Negroni Cocktail Competition, Philadelphia First Place, 6/8/16
- Roca Patron Bartender Exhibition, Philadelphia First Place, 5/11/2015
- Bombay Sapphire + GQ’s Most Imaginative Bartender Competition, Philadelphia First Place, 2014
- W/N W/N Coffee Cocktail Competition First Place, 1/22/2015
- Hendricks Boozy Bar Crawl Competition Third Place, 6/5/2014
- Hurricane Sandy Cocktail Throw Down First Place, 11/18/2012
STEPHANIE SMITH // CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Stephanie is the creative mastermind behind the visual voice and aesthetics of Spirit Forward. Acting as graphic designer, photographer, marketing director and social media curator, she’s fully committed to sharing the culture of craft cocktails. As a visual artist specializing in graphic design, specifically focused in the food and drink industry, and with a keen eye for spacial design, Stephanie ensures your Spirit Forward experience exceeds just what’s in your glass.